Bavaria Medizin Technologie
Intravascular Devices and Catheters
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Bavaria Medizin Technologie (BMT) is one of the world’s leading original equipment manufacture (OEM) suppliers of intravascular devices, and is located west of Munich in Oberpfaffenhofen.
For more than 15 years, BMT has specialised in designing, developing and manufacturing different types of catheters. At the same time, the company is also a contract developer for medical device companies from all over the world.
Customised PTCA and PTA catheters
For a customised percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA) or percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) catheter, you can select from various materials and also choose your preferred type of shaft, tubing, and balloon. The product range includes:
- PTCA catheters in RX and OTW design
- Stent delivery systems (SDS) in RX and OTW design
- PTA catheters for angioplasty and SDS
- Renal catheters in RX design
- Aspiration catheters
Angioplasty catheters for local drug delivery
BMT has expertise in many different medical fields including:
- Cardiology (angioplasty catheters, aspiration, local drug delivery, and incorporated sensors in catheters and balloons)
- Radiology (angioplasty catheters with very long balloons, and local drug delivery)
- Cryotherapy (incorporated sensors and thermocouples in balloons)
- Neuroradiology (local drug delivery for tumour treatment)
- Gastroenterology (controlled heating and cooling of a balloon)
Needle injection catheters for local drug delivery
General local drug delivery is achieved by using a needle injection catheter (NIC) for:
- Re-stenosis prevention
- Stem cell therapy
- Application of gene constructs
- Application of vascular endothelial growth factors
- Cancer treatment
Turnkey service for intravascular devices
BMT offers clients an all-in-one package, from feasibility studies, market analysis and services through to product accreditation, as well as turnkey product solutions, from the initial ideas right through to a sale-ready, fully accredited product.
The company's outstanding development team helps you with innovative solutions to bring your concept to market in the best and quickest possible way. The up-to-date manufacturing equipment warrants reproducible processes at high quality levels.
BMT's services include:
- Engineering and assistance in design
- Support from proof of concept (POC) to first in man (FIM)
- Support from prototyping to high-volume production
- Support in regulatory affairs
- Manufacturing and development of angioplasty balloons
- Surface treatment of balloons
- Crimping of stents
- Packaging, labelling, and sterilisation
Catheter development and training
BMT believes that any product can only perform as well as the development work that has been invested in it. For this reason, the design work, prototyping, and documentation of a development, as well as the transfer into production, are as intensively scrutinised and evaluated as any product being shipped to a customer. Quality development produces tomorrow’s quality products.
Regular internal training courses for BMT's team, continual enhancement of its quality assurance systems to meet new requirements, and compliance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations are the foundations of our commitment to a constant development of our philosophy of quality.
BMT's company motto ‘We Know How’ is already well-known in the market, and is constantly reflected in the company's ever-growing global clientele. So if your requirement is quality, choose BMT: your partner from concept to market.