AL428FDA is a two-part, heat-resistant and low exothermic epoxy adhesive formulation. It is a solid...
AL419FDA is a two-part, heat-resistant, and low-exothermic epoxy adhesive formulation. It has superior chemical resistance and shear strength and also contains a thixotrophic agent, which impedes thinning out of the material during heat cure when properly mixed and cured.
AL419FDA helps develop a strong bond and is durable to numerous construction materials such as metals, glass, rubber, ceramics, concrete, and phenolic plastics. In addition, it provides premium resistance to water, salt solutions, galvanic action, acids, alkalies, and most chemicals.
Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) permits and regulates the use of epoxy resins such as AL419FDA – Part A as an indirect food additive in food contact applications. Some of the sections of 21 CFR that support the above are 175.105, 175.300, 175.320, and 176.170.
AL419FDA – Part B complies with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations listed in the Title 21 of the CFR, Sections:
- 175.105 (c)(5) Adhesives
- 175.300 (b)(3)(viii)(c) Coatings – adjunct for epoxy resins
- 176.170 (b)(1) Components of paper and paper-board in contact with aqueous and fatty foods.
- 175.300 (b)(xxxii) Side seam cements
AL419FDA – Part B will comply with the above regulations as long as it is used only with other approved materials and the finished product conforms with extractives limitations for the use-situation as specified in those regulations.
AL419FDA’s pot life and exotherm are dependent upon several factors such as mass of resin, amount of catalyst used, ambient temperature, and type of equipment used. A 200g mix of 40% catalyst and 60% resin will have a pot life of approximately 120 minutes at room temperature. A 2:1 mix ratio of catalyst and resin will have 40 minutes pot life at room temperature.
To apply AL419FDA:
- Clean and throughly dry all surfaces to be bonded
- Follow mixing-dispensing instructions as shown on package
- Apply a thin coat of the mix (not more than 0.010 inches) by brush, spray, or roller to the surfaces to be bonded
- Genlty press surfaces firmly together
AL419FDA is available in 50g divided plastic bags and in large unit (two-container) pint, quart, and gallon kits. Each kit consists of the correct amount of the specified epoxy material and curing agent hardener formulations, each supplied in separate containers with complete proportioning, use and cure instructions.
Quick facts about AL419FDA:
- It has an epoxy base
- It is not a solvent
- It is non-flammable
- It is available in a variety of colours
- Its solids content is 100%
- Its coverage is from 250ft²/gal to 350ft²/gal
- Its shelf life is two years if its packaging remains unopened
- Its service temperature ranges from -40°C to 165°C
- It has a hardness SD of 78
- It has a tensile shear strength, Al to Al, of 2700psi
- It passes a 10 day humidity test with a mil STD 8:0 above 95% with condensation.
AL420FDA is a two-part, heat-resistant and low exothermic epoxy adhesive formulation. It is a solid...
ALFA International to Commercialise Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport’s Polyurethane NUWC XP-1
ALFA International has entered an agreement with NUWC to commercialise its encapsulant, which was developed...