Total medical devices industry cross border deals worth $37.7bn were announced globally for June 2021, with the $34bn private equity deal with Medline Industries being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 799.8% over the previous month of $4.19bn and a rise of 1045.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.29bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a rise of 4.76% with 44 deals in June 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 42 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $35.97bn in June 2021.
Medical Devices industry cross border deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 96.01% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $36.19bn, against the overall value of $37.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) GIC, Hellman & Friedman, The Blackstone Group and The Carlyle Group’s $34bn private equity deal with Medline Industries
2) The $1bn acquisition of Paramit by Tecan Group
3) Ally Bridge Group, Cambridge Innovation Capital, Chimera Partners, GE Healthcare, LGT Impact Ventures, Lightrock, PFM Health Sciences, RPMI Railpen, SoftBank Vision Fund II, Tencent Holdings and Watrium’s $600m venture financing of CMR Surgical
4) The $317.38m acquisition deal of HalioDx by Veracyte
5) Counterpoint Global, Janus Henderson Investors, Logos Global Management, Meritech Capital Partners and T Rowe Price Associates’ venture financing deal with Element Biosciences for $276m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.