Recognises environmental impact and sustainable development in the medical devices industry through innovative and sustainable use of resources and prioritises the needs of the wider environment and society. This can be a reduced carbon footprint, or energy saving products and methods. This can also include the adoption of a scheme that has made a difference to the attitudes and behaviour of staff and resulted in a benefit to the environment, or a new partnership that demonstrates tangible evidence of environmental benefit. This can be on a single project, across a series of projects, or through a change process within an organisation.
Judged on: Please provide a brief description (up 500 words in total) identifying:
- Energy Management: Describe the steps your organisation has taken to improve energy efficiency, increase use of renewables and/or reduce emissions (direct and indirect) and any downward trends in annual figures?
- Waste: Describe, if any, the steps taken to reduce waste (including water) within your organisation. Have you demonstrated a reduction of waste landfill materials and the recycling of materials and resources such as water? Have you applied process intensification and improved yield?
- Packaging: Describe the steps taken to reduce product and package waste in the product design.
- Chemical Waste: Have applied the principles of green chemistry? Has there been a reduction in solvent usage (tonnes), VOC emissions (tonnes) or a downward trend in annual figures
- Sustainable materials: Describe, if any, the efforts your organisation has taken to source local and sustainable products and services within the last 12 months.
- Accreditation: systems accredited to meet environmental standards?
- Training: Describe any training or employee initiatives related to environmental or social sustainability offered through your organisation within the past 12 months