Dontech Optical Filters, Coatings and Components for Medical Display Enhancement
Since 1971, Dontech has engineered and manufactured optical filters, coatings and components to enhance the optical and environmental performance of electronic displays. Dontech products are integrated into display systems to enhance contrast, reduce reflections, suppress radio frequencies (e.g. EMI / RFI shielding), provide impact and chemical protection, and increase the thermal operating range of displays.
With over 40,000ft² of engineering and manufacturing facilities in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, US, Dontech has supplied its products and services to an international customer base for more than 35 years. Dontech’s facilities include more than 10,000ft² of Class 10,000 clean rooms and optical coating labs.
Optical products are sold separately or integrated for customers. Primary markets include medical, military, avionics, industrial and electronic instrumentation.
Display enhancement products – optical substrates, optical coatings, colored filters and conductive coatings
Dontech offers the following display enhancement products and services:
- Optical substrates and laminations
- Optical coatings
- Colored filters
- Conductive coatings and fine wire meshes
- Conductive films
- Special application products
- Ancillary products and services
Optical filters for medical display enhancement
Dontech engineers and manufactures a broad range of custom display filters for:
- EMI / RFI shielding via conductive coatings, optical fine wire mesh and printed conductive grids
- Contrast enhancement – anti-glare and anti-reflective coatings, colored filters and band pass filters
- Therma Klear™ transparent heaters for low-temperature display and camera operation
- Heat Shield™ – IR blocking filters to reduce thermal loading
Display enhancement using optical films, coatings and components
Dontech EDS specializes in the application of optical films, coatings and components to improve the performance of electronic displays in demanding environments such as military, aerospace, medical and outdoor environments.
Dontech will integrate its optical products into electronic displays (e.g. LCDs) and bezels for its customers. Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) displays can be customized by Dontech to improve optical performance, operating thermal range, EMI / RFI emissions / susceptibility and mechanical durability. Dontech enhanced display solutions allow the display to function properly in demanding environments, such as direct sunlight, low or high temperatures, or emergency-response medical applications.
Optical bonding, active LCD enhancements and NVIS compatibility
- IMO-bond™ optical bonding of conductive and AR cover glass, heaters and films
- Active LCD enhancements, such as supplemental CCFL or LED lighting
- NVIS compatibility, sunlight readability and passive thermal management