Established in 1981, Paratronix® provides Parylene conformal coating services used in the medical device industry, as well as for aerospace, defence, and industrial applications.
Our advanced technology, standards and processes for coating services ensure quality and repeatable results with cost-effective solutions.
In addition, the highly dependable vapor deposition systems that we use are designed, manufactured, and sold by Paratronix for customers’ in-house applications, and fully supported by Paratronix, as your single source for equipment, spare parts and supplies.
Coating services for the medical device industry
Our experienced engineers are available for consultation on design and process considerations.
Our comprehensive coating services include:
- Parylene conformal coating services
- Process development
- Parylene removal and repair
- Parylene adhesion testing
- First article inspection (FAI) and production part approval process (PPAP) reporting
- Process qualification
- Surface preparation
- Substrate roughening / micro-blasting
- Plasma cleaning and etching
- Substrate moisture removal
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) services
- Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) analysis
- Hydration and accelerated aging
- Process consulting
Medical-grade Parylene for implants and medical devices
Our medical-grade Parylene C & N films are United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) Class VI certified for biocompatibility, providing the performance required for medical devices and implants such as surgical instruments, probes, batteries, electronics, mandrels, and ultrasound devices.
These films are thin, lightweight and durable conformal coatings that provide a protective surface as a moisture barrier, dry film lubricant, dielectric layer, chemical resistant barrier and have high-performance adhesion to most substrates and surfaces.
Additional features include high corrosion resistance and dielectric strength, optical transparency, and superior solvent and acid, as well as bacteria and fungus resistance.
Furthermore, the films have low moisture and gas permeability, minimal out-gassing and coefficient of friction, and are capable of performing in extreme temperatures ranging from -200°C to 140°C.
Equipment sales, service, parts and supplies
Depending on individual requirements, Paratronix offers two coating systems.
The company offers a horizontal coating system to tumble-coat all surfaces of small parts with a rotating drum, and a vertical coating system with a coating chamber to facilitate a static coating process on rotating fixtures.
Discuss your specific needs with our knowledgeable sales engineers to determine the optimum system for your application.
There are additional system options to customize your deposition system. On-site installation and training sessions are available in the continental US, and technical support is always part of our service.
Equipment parts and supplies are available with most items in stock. We are here to fully support your equipment purchase and processing goals.
Certifications and industry compliance
To meet and exceed stringent quality requirements, Paratronix complies with our corporate quality management standards, and specific industry standards and certifications.
Paratronix coating services:
- International Organization of Standardization (ISO): 9001 Certified
- ITAR Registered
- Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Compliant
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Compliant
- Meet IPC requirements of IPC-CC-830/MIL-I-46058
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)/electrostatic discharge (ESD) S20.20 Compliant
- United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Class VI Certifications (Biocompatibility)
Paratronix coating systems:
- Technical Inspection Association (TUV) certified
- Underwriters Laboratories – UL 508A Listed for both US (UL) and Canada (CUL)
- European conformity (CE) certified
Solutions partner for Parylene conformal coating services
Whether you need Parylene coating services or a new coating system for your manufacturing process, please contact our sales engineers and discuss how we can help meet your requirements.
Fill out the enquiry form attached to this page and one of our representatives will be in touch.