To add a third protective element to fuses and filters, SCHURTER now also offers overvoltage protection components, thereby making it possible for users to obtain all components required for the electrical protection of their electronic appliances from one source.
SCHURTER now offers radial leaded varistors, also referred to as metal oxide varistors (MOV), which help to protect electronic circuits against surge transients, such as can be caused by lightning strikes and switching of contacts and inductive loads. Varistors are suited to a wide variety of applications, including switching mode power supplies, ballasts and motor protection used in areas such as industry, telecom and medical technology as well as in consumer goods.
There are different types for various application fields available: AVTS for secondary protection, AVTP for primary protection and AVTT for three-phase applications. The varistors, which are all approved according to IEC 61051, UL 1449, UL 1414 and CSA C22.2 and conform to RoHS regulations, are available in plastic bags, taped and reeled and in ammo packaging.
Secondary protection – AVTS
- Varistor voltage AC: 11VAC–95VAC
- Peak current (8µs/20µs): 250–10kA
- Energy absorption (10µs/1000µs): 0.6J–106J
- Disc sizes: 5mm–20mm
Primary protection – AVTP
- Varistor Voltage AC: 120VAC–360VAC
- Peak current (8µs/20µs): 800–13kA
- Energy absorption (10µs/1,000µs): 8J–440J
- Disc sizes: 5mm–25mm
Three-phase applications – AVTT
- Varistor voltage AC: 390VAC–1,000VAC
- Peak current (8µs/20µs): 3.5–13kA
- Energy absorption (10µs/1,000µs): 25J–875J
- Disc sizes: 10mm–25mm