Located in Switzerland and with more than 20 years of experience, Wyon is a successful solution provider specialized in miniature and micro-batteries.
Wyon provides miniature and micro Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries for medical devices in the range from 100µAh to 400mAh.
With more than two decades of experience, we have been developing and selling cells and batteries in the medical device field since 2000.
Based in Switzerland, we are currently one of the world’s leading manufacturers of rechargeable Li-ion cells and batteries for cochlea implants. Our portfolio includes off-the-shelf and customised products.
Technology platform for customised batteries for medical devices
Our new W-platform is based on a unique technology that makes it easy for our clients to buy customised batteries. Thanks to this platform, development times are shorter, which ensures a higher return on investment.
The W-platform is modular and offers fully automated production.
Patented stacking technology for medical applications
In combination with our particular plastic and patented stacking technology, the W-platform offers innovative battery solutions with high added values.
For applications that require a metallic housing such as aluminium or titanium or a technically demanding glass feedthrough, we can also provide suitable products.
Benefits of Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries in plastic housings
The uniqueness of our technology is the hermetically sealed plastic housing with the ability of customised shaping, combined with our patented high-precision stacking.
Together with the use of the best electrochemical components, as well as our expertise in microtechnology, we can offer high-performance batteries with optimal customer benefits.
- Free design: wide scope for customized shaped designs – free in two dimensions.
- Thin and small height: down to 2mm
- No risk of corrosion: plastic housings and titanium feedthroughs give a maximum protection
- Higher capacity: higher volumetric energy density (up to 10% higher than competitors)
- Very low weight: plastic housing is significantly lighter – up to 60% less compared to metal housing
- Long life: high cycle life of more than 2,000 cycles
- Highest quality: Swiss made, unique serial number for each battery, complete traceability, fully automated production line
- Eddy current losses: Wyon plastic housing has 68% less than stainless steel enclosure
Get in touch with Wyon
If you are looking for a smart battery solution for your medical device, Wyon would be pleased to explain in detail the possibilities and advantages.
Our experience shows that solid cooperation between product designers, development people and our team lead to successful products.
Get in touch with us, and we will introduce you to our extensive battery portfolio.