Uson, global leader in leak testers and systems, is celebrating 50 years of innovative thinking...
Manufacturers of medical devices requiring leak testing, who are seeking continuous quality improvements and/or faster leak test cycle times while maintaining Gage R and R, can now schedule customised videoconference demonstrations of the of mathematical functions built into USON’s recently-unveiled Optima vT leak and flow tester. These one-on-one no-cost video consultations will include application-specific demonstration of how Optima’s built-in mathematical tools could improve yields and quality.
USON global sales director and leak testing applications engineering team worldwide supervisor Gene Grilli said; "Optima’s many built-in mathematical functions are one of several features that make it one of the most versatile leak detectors today. For example, a product with four chambers can be tested concurrently and, using the Optima’s math feature, summed to create a total, thereby providing both an individual and overall result, effectively cutting cycle time.
"Additionally slope and intercept calculations along with averaging can easily be performed, not to forget the host of other built in formulas. This is not impossible to do manually or with spreadsheets in a slower way, but it’s an example of how Optima’s built-in math streamlines production processes without putting an additional burden on the system controls."
Prior to the videoconference consultation a USON leak testing specialist will review current leak test methods in place so that a succinct demonstration of the relevant math functions of Optima, which will have greatest impact, are highlighted in the demonstration.
Optima vT leak and flow tester has many features that are designed to make it the leak tester of choice when considering leak tester investments for the applications of both today and tomorrow. In addition to the built-in math functions, these include:
- Capabilities for vacuum decay tests.
- Gage pressure decay leak testing.
- Differential pressure decay leak tests.
- Mass flow leak detection (including back pressure and differential).
- Upstream and downstream cracking pressure.
- Pressure rise tests, burst tests, laminar flow tests.
- Force decay testing and occlusion testing
- State-of-the-art microcontrollers comparable to those used in the most sophisticated and demanding consumer electronics applications.
- 2 Channels with up to 4 sensors/channel, totaling up to 8 sensor inputs.
- Simultaneous testing on all sensor inputs.
- Fully customizable pneumatic controls.
- Large easy-to-read full-color touch screen display with intuitive user interface.
Appointments can be scheduled by writing to OptimaMath@uson.com or calling Mr Gene Grilli +281 671 2000.
USON has released a selection of free white papers on Medical Device Network, providing advice...
Automatic leak detection is now a common occurrence and part of the quality control process...
Uson's Optima vT Leak and Flow Tester provides manufacturing, design and quality engineers, automation specialists...