Asia-Pacific’s medical devices industry saw a drop of 14.29% in deal activity during August 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Adams Aus Bidco’s $119.44m acquisition of 84% stake in 1300 Smiles, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 30 medical devices industry deals worth $515.7m were announced for the region in August 2021, against the 12-month average of 35 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in August 2021 with 24 transactions, representing an 80% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with five deals, followed by private equity deals with one transactions, respectively capturing a 16.7% and 3.3% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s medical devices industry with $351.24m, while M&A and private equity deals totalled $159.22m and $5.2m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific medical devices industry deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 78.3% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $403.61m, against the overall value of $515.7m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Adams Aus Bidco $119.44m acquisition deal for 84% stake in 1300 Smiles
2) The $100m venture financing of Pulse Medical Imaging Technology (Shanghai) by Boyu Capital Consultancy,GL Ventures,Goldman Sachs Group,Insight Capital,Koninklijke Philips and Linden Asset Management
3) China Merchants Capital Management,E Fund Management,Fujian Venture Investment Management,Legend Capital,Qiming Venture Partners,Xiamen C&D Emerging Industry Equity Investment and Zhongjin Qichen Industry Equity Investment Fund $99.15m venture financing deal with Berry Oncology
4) The $61.87m venture financing of Scivita Medical Technology by F-Prime,GL Ventures,Hudson Bay Capital Management,Lilly Asia ventures and Matrix Partners China
5) Beijing Yi Ling Capital Management,CDH VGC,Huiding Capital Management,Junmao Capital,Su Gaoxin Venture Capital Group and Yantai Baofu Investment Center $23.15m venture financing deal with Amor (Suzhou) Medical Sci-Tech