Asia-Pacific’s medical devices industry saw a drop of 28.57% in deal activity during September 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Honghui Capital, Qingchi Capital, Sanzheng Health Investment, Sequoia Capital China Fund, Sherpa Investment, SongHe Capital and Temasek Holdings (HK)’s $100m venture financing deal with Shanghai Aikangte Medical Technology, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 25 medical devices industry deals worth $307m were announced for the region in September 2021, against the 12-month average of 35 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in September 2021 with 17 transactions, representing a 68% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with seven deals, followed by private equity deals with one transactions, respectively capturing a 28% and 4% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s medical devices industry with $234.49m, while M&A and private equity deals totalled $58.8m and $13.68m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific medical devices industry deals in September 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 79.9% of the overall value during September 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $245.22m, against the overall value of $307m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of September 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Honghui Capital,Qingchi Capital,Sanzheng Health Investment,Sequoia Capital China Fund,Sherpa Investment,SongHe Capital and Temasek Holdings (HK) $100m venture financing deal with Shanghai Aikangte Medical Technology
2) The $53.8m acquisition of 80.3% stake in Strand Life Sciences by Reliance Strategic Business Ventures
3) CSIRO Financial Services,Horizons Ventures and JAADE Australian Private Assets Fund $45m venture financing deal with Prospection
4) The $30.94m venture financing of Chengdu Hanchen Guangyi Technology by Beijing Junlian Capital Management,Chengdu Boyuan Investment Management,Innovation Works (China),LYFE Capital,Northern Light Venture Capital and Yunzhi Capital
5) Eight Roads Ventures China,MSA Capital,Quan Capital and Sequoia China Fund $15.48m venture financing deal with Nanjing Suikun Intelligent Technology
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.