Asia-Pacific’s medical devices industry saw a drop of 33.33% in deal activity during June 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by 91streets Media Technologies’ $612.8m acquisition of 66.1% stake in Thyrocare Technologies, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 24 medical devices industry deals worth $1.3bn were announced for the region in June 2021, against the 12-month average of 36 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in June 2021 with 20 transactions, representing an 83.3% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with three deals, followed by private equity deals with one transactions, respectively capturing a 12.5% and 4.2% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s medical devices industry with $735.2m, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $539.83m and $15.47m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific medical devices industry deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 83.6% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $1.08bn, against the overall value of $1.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) 91streets Media Technologies’ $612.8m acquisition of 66.1% stake in Thyrocare Technologies
2) The $156.27m venture financing deal with Shanghai Diying Biotechnoogy by Chaosheng Capital, Heyu Capital and Volcanic Stone Capital
3) So-Young International’s $122.4m acquisition of Wuhan Miracle Laser Systems
4) The $94.06m venture financing of Jiangsu Simcere Medical Diagnostics by CITIC Medical Fund, CITIC Securities Investment, Gimpo National Research and Investment and yingke capital
5) Beijing Houxin Investment Management, Beijing Shiteng Hongcheng Investment Management, CITIC Medical & Health Group, CITIC Securities, Gimpo National Research and Investment, Jiangsu Jinmao Investment Management, Jiangsu Tianyou Investment Management, Nanjing Renpu Venture Capital Partnership (Limited Partnership), Nanjing Venture Capital, Shanghai Chuangrui Investment and yingke capital’s venture financing of Jiangsu Simcere Medical Diagnostics for $93.8m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.