Asia-Pacific’s medical devices industry saw a drop of 7.32% in deal activity during February 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Bain Capital Private Equity’s $556.1m for 60.8% stake in Classys, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 38 medical devices industry deals worth $1.2bn were announced for the region in February 2022, against the 12-month average of 41 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in February 2022 with 27 transactions, representing a 71.05% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with nine deals, followed by private equity deals with two transactions, respectively capturing a 23.7% and 5.3% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s medical devices industry with $556.1m, while venture financing and M&A deals totalled $405.01m and $210.75m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific medical devices industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 83.2% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $975.34m, against the overall value of $1.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bain Capital Private Equity $556.1m private equity deal for 60.8% stake in Classys
2) The $210m private equity deal with Micro Life Sciences by South Elm Investments B V
3) A ventures,K-Run Ventures and Withwin Investment Association 50 $83m venture financing deal with iMedicin
4) The $78.98m venture financing of Zhejiang Dekang Medical Equipment by Blue Mountain Investment,Gongqingcheng Yongqian Venture Capital Partnership,Haibang Venture,Hangzhou Bay Smart Medical Industry Fund,Hongda Junhe Capital,Shouzheng Zefu Innovation Investment (Beijing) and Xiaochi Capital
5) Hillhouse Ventures and Sequoia China Fund $47.26m venture financing deal with Suzhou Jingyu Medical Equipment