Asia-Pacific’s medical devices industry saw a rise of 4.76% in deal activity during March 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Fidelity Management & Research, Redmile Group and T Rowe Price Associates’ $125m private equity deal with Saluda Medical, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 44 medical devices industry deals worth $611.2m were announced for the region in March 2022, against the 12-month average of 42 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in March 2022 with 34 transactions, representing a 77.3% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with seven deals, followed by private equity deals with three transactions, respectively capturing a 15.9% and 6.8% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s medical devices industry with $436.24m, followed by private equity deals totalled $175m.
Asia-Pacific medical devices industry deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 55.03% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $336.37m, against the overall value of $611.2m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Fidelity Management & Research,Redmile Group and T Rowe Price Associates $125m private equity deal with Saluda Medical
2) The $80m venture financing of Shanghai Smartee Denti-Technology by Beijing Taikang Investment Management,China Resources Consumer Fund II,Jiaxing Science City and Zhangjiagang Industrial Investment
3) JinYi Capital $60m venture financing deal with Shanghai Lito Medical Technology
4) The $40m venture financing of Qure.ai Technologies by HealthQuad,Mass Mutual Ventures and Novo Holdings
5) Hengxu Capital,Lingang Science and Technology Ventures,Shanghai Science and Technology Innovation Fund,Shanghai Zhangjiang Haoheng Innovation Equity Investment Management and Shenzhen Venture Capital Investment $31.37m venture financing deal with Shanghai Likai Technology