China’s medical devices industry saw a drop of 13.79% in overall deal activity during May 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Winner Medical Group’s $108.2m acquisition of Zhejiang Longterm Medical Technology, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 25 deals worth $420m were announced in May 2022, compared with the 12-month average of 29 deals.
venture financing was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 22 deals, which accounted for 88% of all deals.
In second place was M&A with three deals accounting for 12% of overall deal activity in the China’s technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading deal category in China’s medical devices industry with total deals worth $213.79m, followed by M&A deals totalled $206.24m.
China medical devices industry deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry deals accounted for 76.6% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $321.66m, against the overall value of $420m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Winner Medical Group $108.2m acquisition deal with Zhejiang Longterm Medical Technology
2) The $96.54m acquisition of 65.6% stake in Hunan Pingan Medical Device Technology by Winner Medical Group
3) Deluxe Family,Employee Stock Ownership Platform,Kaineng Health Technology Group and Shanghai Gaosen Asset Management $61.2m venture financing deal with Shanghai Yuanneng Biological Cryogenic Equipment
4) The $33.22m venture financing of Hangzhou Gloria Precision Medical Testing Technology by CICC Jiatai (Tianjin) Equity Investment Fund,CICC Pucheng Investment,Qishen Venture Capital,Rehabilitation Capital New Drug Innovation Fund and West Lake Science and Technology Venture Capital
5) LYFE Capital $22.5m venture financing deal with Hangzhou Boyue Biotechnology