China’s medical devices industry saw a drop of 24.14% in overall deal activity during March 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Beijing Taikang Investment Management, China Resources Consumer Fund II, Jiaxing Science City and Zhangjiagang Industrial Investment’s $80m venture financing of Shanghai Smartee Denti-Technology, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 22 deals worth $319.3m were announced in March 2022, compared with the 12-month average of 29 deals.
venture financing was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 21 deals, which accounted for 95.5% of all deals.
In second place was M&A with one deals accounting for 4.6% of overall deal activity in the China’s technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading deal category in China’s medical devices industry with total deals worth $319.29m.
China medical devices industry deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry deals accounted for 64.6% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $206.09m, against the overall value of $319.3m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Beijing Taikang Investment Management,China Resources Consumer Fund II,Jiaxing Science City and Zhangjiagang Industrial Investment $80m venture financing deal with Shanghai Smartee Denti-Technology
2) The $60m venture financing of Shanghai Lito Medical Technology by JinYi Capital
3) Hengxu Capital,Lingang Science and Technology Ventures,Shanghai Science and Technology Innovation Fund,Shanghai Zhangjiang Haoheng Innovation Equity Investment Management and Shenzhen Venture Capital Investment $31.37m venture financing deal with Shanghai Likai Technology
4) The $18.89m venture financing of Shenzhen Aibo Medical Robot by CDH VGC,Changan Private Capital,Long Hill Capital and Yahui Investment
5) Huiyuan Capital $15.83m venture financing deal with Zhenzhun Biotech
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.