Europe’s medical devices industry saw a drop of 28.57% in deal activity during October 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by AlbaCore Capital’s $200m acquisition of Babylon Healthcare Services, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 25 medical devices industry deals worth $936.5m were announced for the region in October 2021, against the 12-month average of 35 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in October 2021 with 12 transactions, representing a 48% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with seven deals, followed by private equity deals with six transactions, respectively capturing a 28% and 24% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Europe’s medical devices industry with $494.16m, while venture financing and M&A deals totalled $228.8m and $213.58m, respectively.
Europe medical devices industry deals in October 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 83.6% of the overall value during October 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $782.6m, against the overall value of $936.5m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of October 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AlbaCore Capital $200m private equity deal with Babylon Healthcare Services
2) The $165m venture financing of DNA Script by Agilent Technologies,Alexandria Venture Investments,ArrowMark Partners,Bpifrance Large Venture,Casdin Capital,Catalio Capital Management,Coatue Management,Columbia Threadneedle Investments,Danaher,Farallon Capital Management,FMR,Illumina Ventures,Kurma Partners,Life Sciences Partners,M Ventures and Moore Strategic Ventures
3) Merieux Equity Partners and Vitruvian Partners $150m private equity deal with Dental Monitoring
4) The $142.6m acquisition of Hemovent by MicroPort Surgical
5) AlbaCore Capital $125m private equity deal with MindMaze
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.