Europe’s medical devices industry saw a rise of 25.64% in deal activity during June 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by ResMed’s $1bn acquisition of MediFox DAN Group, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 49 medical devices industry deals worth $2.2bn were announced for the region in June 2022, against the 12-month average of 39 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in June 2022 with 25 transactions, representing a 51.02% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with 19 deals, followed by private equity deals with five transactions, respectively capturing a 38.8% and 10.2% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s medical devices industry with $1.14bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $843.97m and $198.66m, respectively.
Europe medical devices industry deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 91.9% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $2.01bn, against the overall value of $2.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ResMed $1bn acquisition deal with MediFox DAN Group
2) The $797.86m private equity of SPT Labtech by EQT IX Fund
3) Azenta $85.5m acquisition deal with Barkey GmbHKG
4) The $80m venture financing of Proximie by Advent Life Sciences,British Patient Capital,Eight Roads Ventures,Emerson Collective,F Prime Capital,Global ventures,Maverick Ventures Israel,Minderoo Foundation,Mubadala Investment,Questa Capital Management and SoftBank Vision Fund 2
5) Fujirebio $42.15m acquisition deal with ADx NeuroSciences