Europe’s medical devices industry saw a rise of 32.35% in deal activity during January 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Ardian Holding’s $1.26bn private equity deal with Biofarma, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 45 medical devices industry deals worth $1.7bn were announced for the region in January 2022, against the 12-month average of 34 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in January 2022 with 22 transactions, representing a 48.9% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with 18 deals, followed by private equity deals with five transactions, respectively capturing a 40% and 11.1% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Europe’s medical devices industry with $1.28bn, while venture financing and M&A deals totalled $433.85m and $28.45m, respectively.
Europe medical devices industry deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 87.4% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $1.52bn, against the overall value of $1.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Ardian Holding $1.26bn private equity deal for 70% stake in Biofarma
2) The $90m venture financing of DistalMotion by 415 Capital Management and Revival Healthcare
3) ARCH Venture Partners,ARTIS Ventures,Axon Ventures,Casdin Capital,Oxford Science Enterprises,Section 32 and Vertical Venture Partners $75m venture financing deal with ONI
4) The $55m venture financing of InnovHeart by Genextra,Grand Pharmaceutical Group,Indaco Venture Partners SGR and Panakes Partners
5) Genesis MedTech International and Sofinnova Partners $44.59m venture financing deal with Safeheal