Europe’s medical devices industry saw a rise of 36.36% in cross border deal activity during February 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by AlbaCore Capital, Concord Health Partners and Hambro Perks’ $105m venture financing deal with MindMaze, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 30 medical devices industry cross border deals worth $297.7m were announced for the region in February 2022, against the 12-month average of 22 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in February 2022 with 16 transactions, representing a 53.3% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with 11 deals, followed by private equity deals with three transactions, respectively capturing a 36.7% and 10% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of cross border deals, venture financing was the leading category in Europe’s medical devices industry with $296.73m, while M&A and private equity deals totalled $0.95m and $0m, respectively.
Europe medical devices industry cross border deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices cross border deals accounted for 78.5% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices cross border deals stood at $233.69m, against the overall value of $297.7m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AlbaCore Capital,Concord Health Partners and Hambro Perks $105m venture financing deal with MindMaze
2) The $50m venture financing of Automata Technologies by ABB Technology Ventures,Hummingbird Ventures,In-Q-Tel,Isomer Capital,Latitude Venture Partners and Octopus Ventures
3) Bertelsmann Investments,Farallon Capital Management and Red River West $30m venture financing deal with Ada Health
4) The $25.69m venture financing of Perfuze by Earlybird Venture Capital GmbHKG,Enterprise Ireland,LSP Health Economics Fund 2,MedFocus,Seroba Life Sciences Management and SV Health Investors
5) Octopus Ventures and SBI Investment $23m venture financing deal with Biofidelity
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.