Europe’s medical devices industry saw a rise of 55% in cross border deal activity during January 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Ardian Holding’s $1.26bn private equity deal for 70% stake in Biofarma, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 31 medical devices industry cross border deals worth $1.7bn were announced for the region in January 2022, against the 12-month average of 20 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in January 2022 with 14 transactions, representing a 45.2% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with 13 deals, followed by private equity deals with four transactions, respectively capturing a 41.9% and 12.9% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of cross border deals, private equity was the leading category in Europe’s medical devices industry with $1.28bn, while venture financing and M&A deals totalled $379.18m and $7.12m, respectively.
Europe medical devices industry cross border deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices cross border deals accounted for 91.4% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices cross border deals stood at $1.52bn, against the overall value of $1.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Ardian Holding $1.26bn private equity deal for 70% stake in Biofarma
2) The $90m venture financing of DistalMotion by 415 Capital Management and Revival Healthcare
3) ARCH Venture Partners,ARTIS Ventures,Axon Ventures,Casdin Capital,Oxford Science Enterprises,Section 32 and Vertical Venture Partners $75m venture financing deal with ONI
4) The $55m venture financing of InnovHeart by Genextra,Grand Pharmaceutical Group,Indaco Venture Partners SGR and Panakes Partners
5) Genesis MedTech International and Sofinnova Partners $44.59m venture financing deal with Safeheal