Avidity Partners, BlackRock, Pura Vida Investments, RA Capital Management and Sands Capital Management’s $220m venture financing deal with eXo Imaging was the medical devices industry’s biggest big data deal of Q3 2021 as big data deals worth $1bn were announced globally in the quarter, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 50.2% over the previous quarter and a drop of 66.9% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $3.08bn.
In terms of number of big data deals, the sector saw a drop of 16.52% with 24 deals in Q3 2021 against the average of 28.75 deals in the last four-quarters.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with big data deals worth $404.24m.
medical devices industry big data deals in Q3 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry big data deals accounted for 74.2% of the overall value during Q3 2021.
The combined value of the top five big data deals stood at $759.1m, against the overall value of $1bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five medical devices industry big data deals of Q3 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Avidity Partners,BlackRock,Pura Vida Investments,RA Capital Management and Sands Capital Management $220m venture financing deal with eXo Imaging
2) The $200m acquisition of Zebra Medical Vision by Nano-X Imaging
3) CCB Trust,Chinese Fund of Funds (FOF),Goldman Sachs Asset Management,Springhill Fund,TopoScend Capital and Zhongguancun M&A Fund $139.1m venture financing deal with Beijing Infervision Technology
4) The $100m venture financing of Pulse Medical Imaging Technology (Shanghai) by Boyu Capital Consultancy,GL Ventures,Goldman Sachs Group,Insight Capital,Koninklijke Philips and Linden Asset Management
5) Hibercell $100m acquisition deal with Genuity Science