Total medical devices industry cross border deals worth $11.9bn were announced globally for August 2021, with the $7.3bn private equity deal with Inovalon Holdings being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 154.9% over the previous month of $4.68bn and a rise of 77.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.72bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 25.00% with 33 deals in August 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 44 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $11.63bn in August 2021.
medical devices industry cross border deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 95.9% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $11.44bn, against the overall value of $11.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) 22C Capital,Insight Partners and Nordic Capital $7.3bn private equity deal with Inovalon Holdings
2) The $2.5bn acquisition of Smiths Medical by Trulli Bidco
3) Medtronic $1.1bn acquisition deal with Intersect ENT
4) The $340m acquisition of BioVision by Abcam
5) Amplify Partners,Anzu Partners,Genoa Ventures,Heritage Provider Network,Irving Investors,SoftBank Group and True Ventures $201m venture financing deal with InterVenn BioSciences