Total medical devices industry cross border deals worth $2.3bn were announced globally for February 2022, with the $556.1m private equity deal for 60.8% stake with Classys being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 21.5% over the previous month of $2.89bn and a drop of 67.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.9bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a rise of 13.79% with 66 deals in February 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 58 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $1.06bn in February 2022.
medical devices industry cross border deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 63.05% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $1.43bn, against the overall value of $2.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bain Capital Private Equity $556.1m private equity deal for 60.8% stake in Classys
2) The $325m venture financing of Somatus by Anthem,Blue Venture Fund,Deerfield ManagementLP,Fidelity Management & Research,Flare Capital Partners,General Insuranceof India,Inova Health System,Longitude Capital Management Co,Optum Ventures,RA Capital Management and Wellington ManagementLLP
3) Dreamtech $227.57m acquisition deal for 9.07% stake with Cardiac Insight
4) The $210m private equity deal with Micro Life Sciences by South Elm Investments B V
5) Alumni Ventures Group,aMoon Funds,Cowen Healthcare Investments,Echo Health Ventures,Hitachi Ventures,Khosla Ventures,Laurion Capital Management,Monashee Investment Management,Neuberger Berman Group,Northpond Ventures and Optum Ventures $110m venture financing deal with Scipher Medicine