Total Medical devices industry cross border deals worth $2.6bn were announced globally for July 2022, with the $1.54bn private equity deal with Meridian Bioscience being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 17.8% over the previous month of $3.14bn and a drop of 28.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.6bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 18.64% with 48 deals in July 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 59 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $2.23bn in July 2022.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Medical devices industry cross border deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 82.2% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $2.12bn, against the overall value of $2.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five Medical devices industry cross border deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) SD Biosensor and SJL Partners $1.54bn private equity deal with Meridian Bioscience
2) The $223m venture financing of Cleerly by Breyer Capital,Cigna Ventures,DigiTx Partners,Fidelity Management & Research,Heartland Healthcare Capital,LRVHealth,Mirae Asset Capital,New Leaf Ventures,Novartis,Peter Thiel,Piper Sandler Merchant Banking,Sands Capital Management,T Rowe Price Associates,T. Rowe Price Investment Management and Vensana Capital
3) Peninsula Capital Partners $143.03m private equity deal with Red Kiwi
4) The $110m venture financing of Orchestra BioMed by Medtronic,Perceptive Advisors,RTW Investments,SternAegis Ventures and Terumo
5) Emerson Collective (Emmerson Collective) and KIRKBI Invest $100m venture financing deal with Kerecis ehf