Total medical devices industry cross border deals worth $475.7m were announced globally for November 2020, with Coloplast’s $145m acquisition of Nine Continents Medical being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 69.3% over the previous month and a drop of 83.01% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.8bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 39.47% with 23 deals in November 2020 when compared to the last 12-month average of 38 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $324.6m in November 2020.
medical devices industry cross border deals in November 2020: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 72.6% of the overall value during November 2020.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $345.27m, against the overall value of $475.7m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border deals of November 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Coloplast’s $145m acquisition of Nine Continents Medical
2) The $65m venture financing of AliveCor by Bold Capital Partners, Khosla Ventures, Omron Healthcare, Qualcomm Ventures and WP Global Partner
3) Cambridge Innovation Capital, Downing Ventures, Innovation Development Oman Holding SAOC, Legal & General Group, Parkwalk Advisors, Puhua Capital, Tencent Holdings and Xeraya Capital Sdn’s $50m venture financing of Congenica
4) The $45m venture financing deal of Wallaby Medical by GL Ventures and Sinovation Ventures
5) Masimo’s acquisition deal with Lidco Group for $40.27m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.