Total medical devices industry cross border deals worth $545.3m were announced globally for February 2021, with the $108m private equity deal with Mainstay Medical International being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 83.9% over the previous month of $3.38bn and a drop of 80.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.86bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 7.69% with 36 deals in February 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 39 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $305.47m in February 2021.
Medical Devices industry cross border deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 66.1% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $360.67m, against the overall value of $545.3m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Ally Bridge Group, Fountain Healthcare Partners, KCK Group and Sofinnova Partners’ $108m private equity deal with Mainstay Medical International
2) The $90m venture financing of Hyperfine Research by Altium Capital, Axiom Associates, Colle Capital Partners, GV Management Co, Huamin Investment Management and Nextrans
3) Ally Bridge Group and Northpond Ventures’ $68m venture financing of Syapse
4) The $54.67m private equity deal of MaxCyte by ArrowMark Partners, Baron Capital Management, Casdin Capital, D1 Capital Partners, First Light Asset Management, Sofinnova Partners and T. Rowe Price Group
5) Orbimed Advisors and WuXi Huiying Investment’s venture financing deal with Guangzhou Benchmark Medical for $40m.