Total medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals worth $1.18bn were announced globally in Q1 2021, led by $100m venture financing of NewMed Medical, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 11.3% over the previous quarter and a drop of 6.4% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $1.26bn.
Comparing cross border deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals worth $715.46m in the period. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $626.67m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then Middle East and Africa.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in Q1 2021 was the US with 25 deals, followed by Israel with ten and Canada with six.
In 2021, at the end of , cross border venture financing deals worth $1.18bn were announced globally in medical devices industry, marking an increase of 9.9% year on year.
Cross Border venture financing deals in medical devices industry in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border venture financing deals in medical devices industry accounted for 34.4% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border venture financing deals stood at $405m, against the overall value of $1.18bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Boyuan Capital, Dachen Caizhi, Junzi Capital, Orbimed Advisors, Temasek Holdings (Private), Yunfeng Capital and Zhang Kelingyi’s $100m venture financing of NewMed Medical
2) The $90m venture financing of Hyperfine Research by Altium Capital, Axiom Associates, Colle Capital Partners, GV Management Co, Huamin Investment Management and Nextrans
3) Alumni Ventures Group, aMoon Partners, Echo Health Ventures, Khosla Ventures and Northpond Ventures’ $82m venture financing of Scipher Medicine
4) The $68m venture financing of Syapse by Ally Bridge Group and Northpond Ventures
5) Ambix Life Science Fund I and MedVenture Partners’ venture financing of CorVista Health for $65m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.