Total medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals worth $563.5m were announced in the US in March 2022, led by $125m venture financing of BillionToOne, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 15.2% over the previous month of $664.39m and a drop of 9.02% when compared with the last 12-month average of $619.4m.
The US held a 79.14% share of the global medical devices industry cross border venture financing deal value that totalled $712.04m in March 2022.
In terms of cross border venture financing deal activity, the US recorded 21 deals during March 2022, marking an increase of 40% over the previous month and a rise of 50% over the 12-month average.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
US medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 73.4% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices cross border venture financing deals stood at $413.4m, against the overall value of $563.5m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Adams Street Partners,Baillie Gifford,Civilization Ventures,Fifty Years Fund,Hummingbird Ventures,Libertus Capital,NeoTribe Ventures,Norwest Venture Partners,Pacific 8 Ventures and Time BioVentures $125m venture financing deal with BillionToOne
2) The $100m venture financing of Visby Medical by Artiman Ventures,Blue Water Life Science Advisors,Cedars-Sinai Medical Center,Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan,John Doerr,ND Capital,Nissim Capital,Ping An Voyager Partners and Pitango Venture Capital
3) Ally Bridge Group,Ascension Health Ventures,Catalio Capital Management,Hillenbrand Capital,Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC,KCK Group,Pfizer Venture Investments,PSP INVESTMENTS,Sixty Degree Capital,T Rowe Price Associates,The Rise Fund and Venrock Healthcare Capital Partners $80m venture financing deal with RefleXion Medical
4) The $73m venture financing of Deepcell by Andreessen Horowitz,Bow Capital,Bridger Healthcare Partners,Casdin Capital,Horizons Ventures,Jeff Dean,Koch Disruptive Technologies and Matthew McIlwain
5) MicroPort CardioFlow Medtech $35.4m venture financing deal with 4C Medical Technologies