Total medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals worth $563.5m were announced in the US in March 2022, led by $125m venture financing of BillionToOne, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 15.2% over the previous month of $664.39m and a drop of 9.02% when compared with the last 12-month average of $619.4m.
The US held a 79.14% share of the global medical devices industry cross border venture financing deal value that totalled $712.04m in March 2022.
In terms of cross border venture financing deal activity, the US recorded 21 deals during March 2022, marking an increase of 40% over the previous month and a rise of 50% over the 12-month average.
US medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 73.4% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices cross border venture financing deals stood at $413.4m, against the overall value of $563.5m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Adams Street Partners,Baillie Gifford,Civilization Ventures,Fifty Years Fund,Hummingbird Ventures,Libertus Capital,NeoTribe Ventures,Norwest Venture Partners,Pacific 8 Ventures and Time BioVentures $125m venture financing deal with BillionToOne
2) The $100m venture financing of Visby Medical by Artiman Ventures,Blue Water Life Science Advisors,Cedars-Sinai Medical Center,Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan,John Doerr,ND Capital,Nissim Capital,Ping An Voyager Partners and Pitango Venture Capital
3) Ally Bridge Group,Ascension Health Ventures,Catalio Capital Management,Hillenbrand Capital,Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC,KCK Group,Pfizer Venture Investments,PSP INVESTMENTS,Sixty Degree Capital,T Rowe Price Associates,The Rise Fund and Venrock Healthcare Capital Partners $80m venture financing deal with RefleXion Medical
4) The $73m venture financing of Deepcell by Andreessen Horowitz,Bow Capital,Bridger Healthcare Partners,Casdin Capital,Horizons Ventures,Jeff Dean,Koch Disruptive Technologies and Matthew McIlwain
5) MicroPort CardioFlow Medtech $35.4m venture financing deal with 4C Medical Technologies