The $100m venture financing of NewMed Medical was the medical devices industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $616.92m were announced globally in March 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 75% over the previous month of $352.63m and a rise of 53.1% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $402.86m.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $310.51m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $244m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by Middle East and Africa and then Asia-Pacific.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in March 2021 was the Israel with eight deals, followed by the US with eight and Canada with two.
In 2021, as of March, medical devices cross border venture financing deals worth $1.18bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 9.9% year on year.
medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 54.6% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices cross border venture financing deals stood at $337m, against the overall value of $616.92m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Boyuan Capital, Dachen Caizhi, Junzi Capital, Orbimed Advisors, Temasek Holdings (Private), Yunfeng Capital and Zhang Kelingyi’s $100m venture financing of NewMed Medical
2) The $82m venture financing of Scipher Medicine by Alumni Ventures Group, aMoon Partners, Echo Health Ventures, Khosla Ventures and Northpond Ventures
3) Ambix Life Science Fund I and MedVenture Partners’ $65m venture financing of CorVista Health
4) The $50m venture financing of TytoCare by Insight Partners, Olive Tree Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures, Qumra Capital, Shenzhen Capital Group and Tiger Global Management
5) Ally Bridge Group’s venture financing of RefleXion Medical for $40m.