The $201m venture financing of InterVenn BioSciences was the medical devices industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $663m were announced globally in August 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 55.2% over the previous month of $1.48bn and a drop of 14.8% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $778.5m.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $361.9m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $361.9m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then Middle East and Africa.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in August 2021 was the US with nine deals, followed by the Israel with five and the UK with three.
In 2021, as of August, medical devices cross border venture financing deals worth $8.02bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 144% year on year.
medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 69.7% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices cross border venture financing deals stood at $462m, against the overall value of $663m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Amplify Partners,Anzu Partners,Genoa Ventures,Heritage Provider Network,Irving Investors,SoftBank Group and True Ventures $201m venture financing deal with InterVenn BioSciences
2) The $100m venture financing of Pulse Medical Imaging Technology (Shanghai) by Boyu Capital Consultancy,GL Ventures,Goldman Sachs Group,Insight Capital,Koninklijke Philips and Linden Asset Management
3) Gurnet Point Capital,Jazz Venture Partners,KKCG group,Lux Capital and MainStreet Investment Advisors $61m venture financing deal with Mahana Therapeutics
4) The $60m venture financing of DNAnudge by Ventura Capital Group
5) Dexcel Pharma,Hanaco Ventures Capital,IT-Farm,Millhouse Capital,Norma Investments Ltd,OurCrowd,Peregrine Ventures,Qure Ventures and Sailing Capital Management $40m venture financing deal with BrainQ Technologies