The $223m venture financing of Cleerly was the Medical devices industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $830.4m were announced globally in July 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 37.4% over the previous month of $604.4m and a drop of 11.8% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $941.91m.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $628.95m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $587.3m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for Medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then Middle East and Africa.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in July 2022 was the US with nine deals, followed by the Canada with six and Israel with three.
In 2022, as of July, Medical devices cross border venture financing deals worth $5.66bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 39.2% year on year.
Medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five Medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 67.8% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five Medical devices cross border venture financing deals stood at $563m, against the overall value of $830.4m recorded for the month.
The top five Medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Breyer Capital,Cigna Ventures,DigiTx Partners,Fidelity Management & Research,Heartland Healthcare Capital,LRVHealth,Mirae Asset Capital,New Leaf Ventures,Novartis,Peter Thiel,Piper Sandler Merchant Banking,Sands Capital Management,T Rowe Price Associates,T. Rowe Price Investment Management and Vensana Capital $223m venture financing deal with Cleerly
2) The $110m venture financing of Orchestra BioMed by Medtronic,Perceptive Advisors,RTW Investments,SternAegis Ventures and Terumo
3) Emerson Collective (Emmerson Collective) and KIRKBI Invest $100m venture financing deal with Kerecis ehf
4) The $75m venture financing of Medical Microinstruments by Andera Partners,BioStar Capital,Deerfield Management Co,Fountain Healthcare Partners,Panakes Partners,RA Capital Management and Samba Tech
5) Adani Group,Eclipse Ventures,Mithril Capital Management,Precision Capital,Provenio Capital,Reiya Ventures and The Ljungstrom Family Office $55m venture financing deal with ForSight Robotics
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.