The $100m venture financing of VIRTUE Diagnostics (Suzhou) was the medical devices industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $858.7m were announced globally in January 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 10.1% over the previous month of $954.82m and a drop of 26% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.16bn.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $379.18m. At the country level, the China topped the list in terms of deal value at $178.79m.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in January 2022 was the US with ten deals, followed by the China with five and France with four.
In 2022, as of January, medical devices cross border venture financing deals worth $858.68m were announced globally, marking an increase of 49.1% year on year.
medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 50.9% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices cross border venture financing deals stood at $436.79m, against the overall value of $858.7m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry cross border venture financing deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Lilly Asia ventures,Morningside Ventures,Oriza Holdings,PerkinElmer Ventures and Sequoia China Investment Management $100m venture financing deal with VIRTUE Diagnostics (Suzhou)
2) The $93m venture financing of MeMed Diagnostics by Caesarea Medical Electronics,Clal Insurance Enterprises Holdings,Department of Defence – United States,European Commission,Horizons Ventures,La Maison Partners,Phoenix Insurance,Poalim Equity,Shavit Capital Fund,Social Capital,Touchwood Capital,Union Tech Ventures and Western Technology Investment
3) 415 Capital Management and Revival Healthcare $90m venture financing deal with DistalMotion
4) The $78.79m venture financing of Shenzhen Sibionics Technology by C&D International Investment Group,China Life Innovation Fund,CPE Funds Management,JD Investment (HK),Jingming Capital,Qianhai FOF and Return backer Lucion
5) ArrowMark Partners,Gilde Healthcare Partners,Kaiser Permanente Ventures,Morningside Ventures,Octopus Ventures and SoftBank Vision Fund 2 $75m venture financing deal with Big Health