Total medical devices industry deals for April 2020 worth $1.21bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 90.7% over the previous month and a drop of 76% when compared with the last 12-month average of $5.04bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 2.9% over the last 12-month average with 142 deals against the average of 138 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $459.95m.
Medical devices industry deals in April 2020: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 32.7% of the overall value during April 2020.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $395.87m, against the overall value of $1.21bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of April 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Durable Capital Partners’ $135.89m private equity deal with Abcam
2) The $84.98m venture financing of Guangzhou Huayin Health Technology by BANK OF CHINA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, Chongqing Science and Technology Venture Capital, Guangdong Zhutou Innovation, Langmafeng Venture Capital, Qianhai Mother Fund, Telford Capital and Yoyin Medical Fund
3) Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, John Doerr and Pitango Venture Capital’s $70m venture financing of Click Diagnostics
4) The $55m venture financing of MedGenome Labs by LeapFrog Investments, Sequoia Capital China and Sofina
5) Euclidean Capital, Frazier Healthcare Partners and Longitude Capital Management Co’s venture financing of Dascena for $50m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.