Total medical devices industry deals for July 2019 worth $5.94bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 20.1% over the previous month and a rise of 24.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.78bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 1.7% over the last 12-month average with 113 deals against the average of 115 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $5.82bn.
Medical devices industry deals in July 2019: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 85.3% of the overall value during July 2019.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $5.07bn, against the overall value of $5.94bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of July 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Exact Sciences’ $2.8bn acquisition of Genomic Health
2) The $1.17bn acquisition of BioTek Instruments by Agilent Technologies
3) Cantel Medical’s $775m acquisition of Hu-Friedy Manufacturing
4) The $170m private equity deal with Aspen Surgical Products by Audax Private Equity
5) American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Data Collective Venture Capital, Verily Life Sciences, GV Management Co, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, Perceptive Advisors, Polaris Partners, RA Capital Management, Roche Venture Fund, Section 32 and T. Rowe Price Associates’ venture financing of Freenome for $160m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.