Total medical devices industry deals for July 2020 worth $4.15bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 6.7% over the previous month and a drop of 6.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.43bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 37.1% over the last 12-month average with 196 deals against the average of 143 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $2.97bn.
Medical devices industry deals in July 2020: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 45.3% of the overall value during July 2020.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $1.88bn, against the overall value of $4.15bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of July 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The merger of Healthcare Merger and SOC Telemed for $720m
2) The $525m asset transaction with DXC Technology by Dedalus
3) Bain Capital Life Sciences, Brown Advisory, Casdin Capital, Driehaus Capital Management, Intermountain Ventures, Janus Henderson Investors, Lux Capital, Moore Strategic Ventures, Perceptive Advisors, Rock Springs Capital Management, Sands Capital Management, Section 32 and T Rowe Price Associates’ $257m venture financing of Thrive Earlier Detection
4) The $190m private equity deal with AdaptHealth by One Equity Partners
5) Medtronic’s acquisition of MEDICREA Group for $187.06m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.