Total medical devices industry deals for June 2020 worth $3.89bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 65.3% over the previous month and a drop of 16.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.64bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 1.4% over the last 12-month average with 143 deals against the average of 141 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $2.61bn.
Medical devices industry deals in June 2020: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 62.2% of the overall value during June 2020.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $2.42bn, against the overall value of $3.89bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of June 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) InVitae’s $1.4bn acquisition of ArcherDx
2) The $367.87m private equity deal with Fuzhou Maixin Biotechnology Development by Beijing Strong Biotechnologies and Sinopharm Group
3) The Blackstone Group’s $337m private equity deal with Medtronic
4) The $200m asset transaction with CareZone by Walmart
5) Friend Capital, Guangzhou Boyi Architectural Design Institute, Meinian Onehealth Healthcare GroupLtd , New Alliance Capital, Red Horse Investment Group, Sinopec Capital and Xin Ding Capital’s private equity deal with CapitalBio for $112.98m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.