Total medical devices industry deals for November 2019 worth $7.95bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 886.3% over the previous month and a rise of 66.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.77bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 15.1% over the last 12-month average with 107 deals against the average of 126 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $5.47bn.
Medical devices industry deals in November 2019: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 86.9% of the overall value during November 2019.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $6.9bn, against the overall value of $7.95bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of November 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Stryker’s $5.4bn acquisition of Wright Medical Group
2) The $1bn private equity deal with Lumenis by Baring Private Equity Asia
3) Clayton, Dubilier & Rice’s $205m private equity deal with Cynosure
4) The $187m acquisition of Plastique and Thermoform Engineered Quality by Sonoco Products
5) Battery Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Claltech, Israel Cleantech Ventures, ITI Venture Capital, Koch Disruptive Technologies and Walden Riverwood Ventures’ venture financing of Vayyar Imaging for $109m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.