Total medical devices industry deals for October 2019 worth $762.12m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 65.1% over the previous month and a drop of 83.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.55bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 12.9% over the last 12-month average with 108 deals against the average of 124 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $491.91m.
Medical devices industry deals in October 2019: Top deals
The top five medical devices deals accounted for 32.2% of the overall value during October 2019.
The combined value of the top five medical devices deals stood at $245.44m, against the overall value of $762.12m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of October 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AngioDynamics’ $66m acquisition of Eximo Medical
2) The $50m private equity deal with Shine Medical Technologies by Oaktree Capital Management
3) Charles River Ventures, Greenoaks Capital Management, GV Management, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Threshold Ventures’ $50m venture financing of Viz.ai
4) The $42.44m venture financing of GeneCast Biotechnology by CICC Capital ManagementLimited, Shenzhen Cowincapital, Matrix Partners China and Yahui Precise Medical Care Fund
5) Flying L Partners, KKR and Petrichor Healthcare Capital Management’s venture financing of CorneaGen for $37m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.