Total medical devices industry deals worth $13.9bn were announced globally for August 2021, with the $7.3bn private equity deal with Inovalon Holdings being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 83.6% over the previous month of $7.58bn and a rise of 10.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $12.63bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 14.62% with 146 deals in August 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 171 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $12.94bn in August 2021.
medical devices industry deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 82.4% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $11.46bn, against the overall value of $13.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) 22C Capital,Insight Partners and Nordic Capital $7.3bn private equity deal with Inovalon Holdings
2) The $2.5bn acquisition of Smiths Medical by Trulli Bidco
3) Medtronic $1.1bn acquisition deal with Intersect ENT
4) The $340m acquisition of BioVision by Abcam
5) Adams Street Partners,Battery Ventures,Coatue Management,ICONIQ Growth and Sierra Ventures $220m venture financing deal with Reify Health