Total medical devices industry deals worth $13.9bn were announced globally for August 2021, with the $7.3bn private equity deal with Inovalon Holdings being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 83.6% over the previous month of $7.58bn and a rise of 10.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $12.63bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 14.62% with 146 deals in August 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 171 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $12.94bn in August 2021.
medical devices industry deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 82.4% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $11.46bn, against the overall value of $13.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) 22C Capital,Insight Partners and Nordic Capital $7.3bn private equity deal with Inovalon Holdings
2) The $2.5bn acquisition of Smiths Medical by Trulli Bidco
3) Medtronic $1.1bn acquisition deal with Intersect ENT
4) The $340m acquisition of BioVision by Abcam
5) Adams Street Partners,Battery Ventures,Coatue Management,ICONIQ Growth and Sierra Ventures $220m venture financing deal with Reify Health