Total Medical devices industry deals worth $4.29bn were announced globally for April 2022, with the ArchiMed $1.2bn private equity deal with Natus Medical being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 39.3% over the previous month of $3.08bn and a drop of 73.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $16bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 21.89% with 157 deals in April 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 201 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $2.8bn in April 2022.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Medical devices industry deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 56.7% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $2.43bn, against the overall value of $4.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five Medical devices industry deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ArchiMed $1.2bn private equity deal with Natus Medical
2) The $541.63m acquisition of Phenox by Wallaby Medical
3) CVS Health,Export Development Bank of Iran,General Atlantic,Mass Mutual Ventures,Openspace Ventures,Sequoia Capital and SoftBank Vision Fund II $300m venture financing deal with Biofourmis
4) The $220m venture financing of Reify Health by Adams Street Partners,Altimeter Capital Management,Battery Ventures,Coatue,Dragoneer Investment Group and ICONIQ Growth
5) Fulgent Genetics $170m acquisition deal with Inform Diagnostics