Total medical devices industry deals worth $40.2bn were announced globally for June 2021, with the $34bn private equity deal with Medline Industries being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 345.6% over the previous month of $9.01bn and a rise of 338.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $9.15bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 12.50% with 147 deals in June 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 168 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $37.22bn in June 2021.
Medical Devices industry deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 91% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $36.53bn, against the overall value of $40.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) GIC, Hellman & Friedman, The Blackstone Group and The Carlyle Group’s $34bn private equity deal with Medline Industries
2) The $1bn acquisition of Paramit by Tecan Group
3) 91streets Media Technologies’ $612.8m acquisition of 66.1% stake in Thyrocare Technologies
4) The $600m venture financing deal of CMR Surgical by Ally Bridge Group, Cambridge Innovation Capital, Chimera Partners, GE Healthcare, LGT Impact Ventures, Lightrock, PFM Health Sciences, RPMI Railpen, SoftBank Vision Fund II, Tencent Holdings and Watrium
5) Veracyte’s acquisition deal with HalioDx for $317.38m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.