Total medical devices industry deals worth $5.4bn were announced globally for October 2022, with the Thermo Fisher Scientific’s $2.6bn acquisition deal with The Binding Site Group being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 51.2% over the previous month of $11.07bn and a drop of 54.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $11.85bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 31.07% with 142 deals in October 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 206 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $3.93bn in October 2022.
Medical Devices industry deals in October 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 81.7% of the overall value during October 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $4.41bn, against the overall value of $5.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of October 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Thermo Fisher Scientific’s $2.6bn acquisition deal with The Binding Site Group
2) The $1.14bn acquisition of M.A. Med Alliance by Cordis
3) Nordic Capital’s $300m private equity deal for 25% stake with Equashield Medical
4) The $275m private equity of Tempus Labs by Ares Management
5) Chende Capital, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Yiheng Capital Partners, Yuanyi Capital and Zhongwei Capital HoldingLimited’s $100m venture financing deal with Xunshi Technology