Total medical devices industry deals worth $6.2bn were announced globally for October 2021, with the $1.75bn acquisition of Baylis MedicalInc being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 31.2% over the previous month of $4.74bn and a drop of 46.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $11.55bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 26.90% with 125 deals in October 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 171 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $4.66bn in October 2021.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
medical devices industry deals in October 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 52.6% of the overall value during October 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $3.27bn, against the overall value of $6.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of October 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Boston Scientific $1.75bn acquisition deal with Baylis Medical Inc
2) The $600m venture financing of Hinge Health by Alkeon Capital,Coatue Management,Tiger Global and Whale Rock Capital Management
3) 3D Systems $400m acquisition deal with Volumetric
4) The $304m venture financing of Medable by Blackstone,GSR Ventures,Sapphire Ventures,Tiger Global Management and Western Technology Investment
5) Integer $220m acquisition deal with Oscor