Total Medical devices industry deals worth $9.3bn were announced globally for July 2022, with the $3.9bn acquisition of 1Life Healthcare being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 73.8% over the previous month of $5.34bn and a drop of 24.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $12.28bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 19.31% with 163 deals in July 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 202 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $8.62bn in July 2022.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Medical devices industry deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 79.9% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $7.42bn, against the overall value of $9.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five Medical devices industry deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Amazon.com $3.9bn acquisition deal with 1Life Healthcare
2) The $1.54bn private equity of Meridian Bioscience by SD Biosensor and SJL Partners
3) Patient Square Capital $1.25bn private equity deal with Hanger
4) The $500m acquisition of OpenEye Scientific Software by Cadence Design Systems
5) AV8 Ventures,Brown Advisory,Cowen Healthcare Investments,DFJ Growth Management,Eli Lilly and Co,Foresite Capital Management,Illumina Ventures,Initiate Ventures,Menlo Ventures,Northpond Ventures,Open Field Capital,Orbimed Advisors,Osage University Partners,Point Field Partners,Point72 Ventures,PTX Capital,Rock Springs Capital Management,Samsara BioCapital,T Rowe Price Associates and Windham Venture Partners $225m venture financing deal with Delfi Diagnostics