Total medical devices industry venture financing deals in November 2019 worth $964.45m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 63.1% over the previous month and a rise of 23.9% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $778.69m.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $516.24m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $502.01m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in November 2019 was the US with 47 deals, followed by China with 11 and France with four.
In 2019, as of the end of November 2019, medical devices venture financing deals worth $9.15bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 1.3% year on year.
Medical devices industry venture financing deals in November 2019: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 42.8% of the overall value during November 2019.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $412.99m, against the overall value of $964.45m recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of November 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Battery Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Claltech, Israel Cleantech Ventures, ITI Venture Capital, Koch Disruptive Technologies and Walden Riverwood Ventures’ $109m venture financing of Vayyar Imaging
2) The $100m venture financing of Peijia Medical by China Chengtong Holdings Group, Grand Flight Investment Management, Lilly Asia ventures, Matrix Partners China and SDIC Fund Management
3) Foresite Capital Management’s $90m venture financing of GenapSys
4) The $71.08m venture financing of Genetron Health (Beijing) by Alexandria Venture Investments, China International Capital, Highlight Capital and Vivo Capital
5) BNP Paribas Developpement, BPI France, CapDecisif Management, CM-CIC Innovation, European Investment Fund, M&L Investments, Omnes Capital, Sofinnova Partners and Valquest Capital Management’s venture financing of Tissium for $42.91m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.