Total medical devices industry venture financing deals in Q2 2020 worth $4.59bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 45.5% over the previous quarter and a rise of 55.9% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $2.96bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $2.48bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $2.44bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q2 2020 was the US with 154 deals, followed by China with 46 and the UK with 17.
In 2020, as of the end of Q2 2020, medical devices venture financing deals worth $7.81bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 47.1% year on year.
Medical devices industry venture financing deals in Q2 2020: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 39.3% of the overall value during Q2 2020.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $1.8bn, against the overall value of $4.59bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Citic Private Equity Funds Management, CITIC Securities, CPE Capital, GF Xinde Investment Management, Guotai Junan Securities, Huatai Zijin Investment, Huaxing New Economic Fund, IDG Capital, Shanghai Guofang Mother Fund, ShenZhen Co-Stone Asset Management and Shenzhen Green Pine Capital Partners’ $1bn venture financing of MGI Tech
2) The $390m venture financing of Grail by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Illumina and Public Sector Pension Investment Board
3) Allianz X and Takeda Pharmaceutical’s $194m venture financing of American Well
4) The $120m venture financing of Rapid Micro Biosystems by Ally Bridge Group, Asahi Kasei Medical, Bain Capital Life Sciences, Endeavour Vision, Longitude Capital Management Co, Quaker Partners Management and Xeraya Capital Sdn
5) 8VC, Foresite Capital Management, General Catalyst Partners, Optum Ventures and What If Ventures’ venture financing of Mindstrong for $100m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.