Total medical devices industry venture financing deals in September 2020 worth $1.19bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 18.9% over the previous month and a drop of 6.4% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.27bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $465.45m. At the country level, China topped the list in terms of deal value at $438.18m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in September 2020 was the US with 35 deals, followed by China with 23 and Israel with eight.
In 2020, as of the end of September 2020, medical devices venture financing deals worth $12.37bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 60.4% year on year.
Medical devices industry venture financing deals in September 2020: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 30.9% of the overall value during September 2020.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $367.82m, against the overall value of $1.19bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry deals of September 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) CDH Investments Fund Management, GDD Industry Fund Investment Group, Guangzhou Huiju Xinxing Equity Investment Partnership (Limited Partnership), IDG Capital, Jundu Investment, Linden Asset Management, Qingsong Capital, Shanghai Shengyu Equity Investment Fund Management, Tianjin Huayi and Xingrui Capital’s $87.91m venture financing of Creative BiosciencesÂ (Guangzhou)Â Co
2) The $87.91m venture financing of Guangzhou Kangliming Biotechnology by CDH Investments Fund Management, Guangzhou Development Zone Investment Group, Guangzhou Jinkong Fund Management, IDG Capital, Jundu Investment, Linden Asset Management, Oceanpine Capital, Sharewin Investment, Tsing Capital and Xingrui Capital
3) Fidelity Management & Research’s $80m venture financing of Shine Medical Technologies
4) The $57m venture financing of Novellus by Cormorant Asset Management, HBM Healthcare Investments, Novartis Venture Fund, Orbimed Advisors, Pontifax, SR One and Wellington ManagementLLP
5) aMoon Funds, Bruker, Emerson Collective, Fidelity Management & Research, Maverick Ventures, Invus Group, T Rowe Price Associates and Wing Venture Capital’s venture financing of PrognomIQ for $55m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.