The $100m venture financing of JenaValve Technology was the medical devices industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.1bn were announced globally in August 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 31.3% over the previous month of $1.66bn and a drop of 46.2% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.12bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $839.37m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $810.18m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for medical devices industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in August 2022 was the US with 63 deals, followed by the China with 29 and Canada with four.
In 2022, as of August, medical devices venture financing deals worth $14.6bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 25.1% year on year.
medical devices industry venture financing deals in August 2022: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 28.4% of the overall value during August 2022.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $322.57m, against the overall value of $1.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of August 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Andera Partners, Bain Capital Life Sciences, Cormorant Asset Management, Gimv, Innovatus Capital Partners, Peijia Medical, Pictet Alternative Advisors, Qatar Investment Authority, RMM Consulting Group, Valiance Advisors and Venture Incubator’s $100m venture financing deal with JenaValve Technology
2) The $75m venture financing of Digital Diagnostics by Cedar Pine, Edward-Elmhurst Health Venture Capital, Eight Partners, Gundersen Health System, Kinderhook Industries, KKRInc, Optum Ventures, OSF Ventures and University of Iowa
3) The Carlyle Group’s $52.57m venture financing deal with CureApp
4) The $50m venture financing of MedGenome by Novo Holdings
5) Horizon Technology Finance’s $45m venture financing deal with INBRACE