Total medical devices industry venture financing deals worth $1.2bn were announced in North America in August 2021, led by $220m venture financing of Reify Health, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 19.5% over the previous month of $1.54bn and a rise of 4.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.19bn.
North America held a 67.03% share of the global medical devices industry venture financing deal value that totalled $1.85bn in August 2021. With a 67.03% share and deals worth $1.24bn, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across medical devices industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 60 deals during August 2021, marking a flat growth over the previous month and a drop of 9.09% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 59 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
North America medical devices industry venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals accounted for 46.4% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five medical devices venture financing deals stood at $576m, against the overall value of $1.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five medical devices industry venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Adams Street Partners,Battery Ventures,Coatue Management,ICONIQ Growth and Sierra Ventures $220m venture financing deal with Reify Health
2) The $201m venture financing of InterVenn BioSciences by Amplify Partners,Anzu Partners,Genoa Ventures,Heritage Provider Network,Irving Investors,SoftBank Group and True Ventures
3) Gurnet Point Capital,Jazz Venture Partners,KKCG group,Lux Capital and MainStreet Investment Advisors $61m venture financing deal with Mahana Therapeutics
4) The $60m venture financing of Genome Medical by Amgen Ventures,Avestria Ventures Management,Blue Ivy Ventures,Canaan Partners,Casdin Capital,Dreamers Fund,Echo Health Ventures,Flywheel Ventures,GV Management Co,HealthInvest Equity Partners,Illumina Ventures,Kaiser Permanente Ventures,LRVHealth,Perceptive Advisors and Revelation Partners
5) Cochlear,EWM Group Pty,Giant Leap Manager Pty. and SG Hiscock &Ltd $34m venture financing deal with Seer